Friday, February 12, 2010

Proof is in the Pudding







We decided last week that we needed some pictures of the bands that come march around town. It was a bit difficult to catch them in action as it is so often at 7 in the morning that they do their marching. But when we'd hear the bands come marching by our hotel, it'd wake us up and we'd hurry to find the camera (which was definitely more difficult than normal since we were half asleep). We finally got a couple pictures. One was obviously when we were in a bus.

Also, there was another festival a few days ago with a very informal parade and some more dancing on the beach, followed by a 'battle of the bands' type situation last night. There was some sort of rock band with Peruvian flutes that was my favorite. We had to stand in the back though as always so that Brian didn't block the whole crowd's view. Then Brian and I went and sat on a bench for a bit on the pier and two little girls came up to the bench and said "Regalame" and pointed to my water bottle. At first I didn't really listen to what they said and I thought they just wanted to sit and flirt with Brian, so I told them they could take a seat, but they just repeated "regalame" (which means "Give it to me" or "Gift it to me"). And then Brian and I realized what they said. I don't really even know what to say in that situation. Um no, thanks I like having water.

No comments:

Post a Comment