Monday, January 4, 2010

Pick Pocket Failure

Went to a park that was supposed to have pretty fountains, but apparently it's only open Wednesday through Sunday. Our cab driver, of course, didn't tell us. So we decide to take a walk around the park. We stop for a few seconds to read a sign. I feel a hand go into my pocket. Great. I've been waiting for this :)

I go for the wrist. Miss. I swing my left elbow back hard. Miss. I turn around. It's a 15 year old kid and he's tearing away at top speed. Rachael says she got a kick out of the look on his face. I tear off after him. After a few seconds I realize he didn't get anything (Not that I keep anything valuable in my picking pockets) and look back to make sure I'm not being baited away for an attack on Rachael. The coast is clear, so I chase a bit more just to see if I can catch the kid. He keeps looking back as I'm keeping pace with him. I let him go when we get to a block of buildings (and probably his buddies) and head back to Rachael and a sympathetic crowd.

I'm sad I didn't catch him, because that would have been fun, but there was no harm done. That kid was gutsy though. What 90 pounder pickpockets a 6'4", 200 pound athletic looking guy? At least try not to die and go for the fat tourists, geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment