Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Activities







We went hiking out to this hill behind the city over the weekend. It's part of the town's celebration right now. It's the Cerro de la Virgen. I took a bunch of mostly scenery pictures. This is a great hill to check out the sunset over the ocean. I so wish we could watch the surfer championship from up here, but it's on the other side of the pier. The last picture has a mountain in the back that really reminds me of a mountain down by Elk Ridge. Every time I see it, it kind of trips me out. Today another celebration starts! Cultur A Viva Huanchaco. It's tied together with the Surf Championship. We actually have a pamphlet of stuff to go to for this celebration, so we can go to the events. Hoping to make it tomorrow to the Presentation of Dances. "The Devils of Huanchaco" and the "Negritos de Catambla" dances will be displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment